Sunday, May 12, 2013

A birthday...and a referral

This week, my biggest got a little bigger.  She was born right before Mother's Day, and has given me reason to celebrate every year. 

Favorites:  cats, arts and crafts, and softball.
At 11:45 p.m. on Maddie's birthday we received a referral.  I'm a big date person--this could be our sign! We've been waiting impatiently patiently for this moment, and could not wait to see pictures and read about this little GIRL.  The following morning, we waited for our old computer to boot up so we could check out about this little baby girl.  She is beautiful, a chunker with rosy little cheeks.  However, she has some needs that are much bigger than we can handle.  We quickly consulted with an international adoption doctor within hours, and she confirmed some of our concerns.  With heavy hearts, we had to decline this referral.  I'll be thinking of this little one and I hope she can find her forever family soon.  This was really tough, but I don't think we could realistically meet her needs.

We will continue to wait, and hope that we receive another referral in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment