Friday, December 13, 2013

Who do you run for? IR4

About a year and a half ago, my college roommate talked me into signing up for a 5k training group.  I was hesitant.  I am NOT a runner.  The first day of training, I thought I was going to die.  Well, we kept it up, finished up our first 5k, did a few more, and moved up to a 10k. This past summer she talked me into running a 1/2 marathon.  I NEVER thought this was something that I could accomplish--but I did...and I beat my goal time.

I have 2 1/2 marathons planned already for 2014 and I am SO excited for some warm weather so I can start training.

Well, if you are a runner--or you love someone with a special need--you are in luck!  There is this fabulous foundation called Who I run 4.   It is a nonprofit organization that connects runners with little ones or big ones with special needs, and the runner can dedicate their runs to their special buddy. The group is full of positivity, motivation, and support.

Julia Mei has someone running for her.  {Hi Kya!}  Even when Kya is sick she is pushing through for my little Julia Mei.  Kya is running because Julia Mei cannot.  Yet.  Kya is keeping up the good work and can't wait for Julia Mei updates.  Kya--you will get a picture of me holding Julia Mei next Sunday--and I can't wait to see a picture from your color run!

Jacob also has someone running for him. {Hi Kendyl!} Kendyl is getting some serious miles in because she is going to do a 1/2 marathon in the spring. Too bad we don't live closer--we could train together. Oh, and her boyfriend's name is also Jacob--how cool is that?!  As she runs her thoughts and prayers are all about my little Jacob. Once Jacob gets his prosthetic leg--watch out world.  He is going to be running all over the place. Kendyl I can't wait to send you a picture of me holding Jacob on Wednesday!

Do you like to run?  Or do you have a loved one with a special need?  Sign up!  It's free, full of positive people, and you will love it.

IR4 Sign Up Here



No comments:

Post a Comment