Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Our Red Thread Session. We tried.


After reading about Red Thread Sessions a few months after I brought Christian home, I knew I wanted to schedule a session after this next adoption.  Before we even had our kids picked out, I contacted Melanie at Moments by Melanie to see if she was able to tentatively book a session after our adoption was completed.  Melanie was very responsive and got back to me right away each time we connected before and after arriving home.  

If you don't know about Red Thread Sessions, it's an amazing group of photographers that donate their time to a recently adoptive family. 

Poor Melanie didn't know what she was getting herself into...just throwing it out there. I don't think she realized that we have other kids too, making us close to a mega-size family. I spent the morning getting the kids ready but of course didn't have enough time to straighten my hair.  Not 1 child fell asleep on the 1 1/2 hour drive to the location--and I was worried just by that fact. We, or course, were running just a few minutes late.  

Once we arrived we dressed the little kids as best we could.  It was about 20 degrees and we had to change them quickly so we could run inside for a quick bathroom break and I had to wipe noses x4..which started the screaming.

We wandered around the building trying to find Melanie...although she spotted us long before we spotted her.  We found an an awesome room that would have contained all...but since we did not reserve it we were kicked out.  

The madness started.   The little girls took turns screaming when they weren't screaming in unison.  Repeatedly.  Christian kept giving funny smiles and looking sideways. At least 4 kids had a cold in my opinion.  Maddie was a rockstar.  Eric kept asking for more individual shots so he could pose.  

At one point Jim and I just sat there and giggled because the entire thing was just so silly and going so badly.  I think that's when we got our sole family shot...clearly just keeping it real around here since half of the participants aren't even looking forward and only 3 of us are smiling/giggling. If you scroll down you'll see what mean.  

I'm not sure if a successful photo shoot is in our near future...





















We regrouped, and continued on to our Panda Playdate.  Suddenly the kids were laughing, giggling, and having a ball.  Go figure.  Here are a couple of videos since the kids have been home for exactly 2 months.  Julia Mei is full of giggles and Jacob is walking independently.  WOW!





Like what you read?
Click below!

Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel and Jim, your family is just beautiful. You are real and full of love. I thoroughly enjoyed watching your children interact with one another. Maddie truly was a rockstar. What a sweet and caring girl you have. Eric was cracking me up! That little boy is hilarious!! I love love love the way Christian kept looking at and following Eric. There is nothing like the love and respect of a little brother. Darling little Ellie is so sweet in how much she loves her daddy. I loved watching Miss Julia Mei get around. She is going to keep you running!! Nothing is going to slow that girl down. And what an honor that I could witness your Jacob take his first steps. That video you posted is priceless. Thank you again. I hope that as your children grow, you'll invite me back to do this again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! I'm so happy that we connected and I get to follow you online. You have a gift!

      Best, Rachel

      Delete